Bowling Green State University announced this afternoon that the Falcons will play Robert Morris University on January 3, 2015 outdoors at Toledo's Fifth Third Ballpark. The game will take place as part of Toledo's 10-day Winterfest Celebration that will take place at the stadium, as well as the neighboring Huntington Center.
The college game will be in addition to already scheduled games featuring local high schools, and youth hockey teams from Toledo and Bowling Green, in addition to a pair of ECHL games played by the Toledo Walleye. The second Walleye game will be played 5:30pm on January 3rd, following the 12pm game featuring the Falcons and Colonials.
This is scheduled to be the 27th outdoor game in modern NCAA history, and the second ever in Ohio, after Ohio State hosted Michigan as part of Cleveland's Snow Days celebration at Progressive Field in 2012.
- Beanpot alums in the NHL: Boston College leads the way with 23
- Beanpot 2014: Harvard, Northeastern meet for chance to end years of misery
- Beanpot Preview: By the Numbers
- Beanpot Preview: Heavy favorite Boston College faces archrival Boston University in second semifinal
- Minnesota Duluth Sweeps Western Michigan