The Chicago Steel organization has given Jack Jablonski a roster spot for the 2013-14 USHL season. The former Benilde St. Margaret's High School player who was paralyzed on the ice was drafted by the team in the 2013 USHL Draft.
Doctors believe that Jablonski will never walk again, but Jablonski's motto on his personal twitter account shows his resolve. It reads "Living to prove the doctors wrong."
It is another classy move by the Chicago Steel. Not only is it a feel good story, but also hopefully it will continue to bring awareness to the need to find a cure for spinal cord injuries.
More information on Jack Jablonski's foundation can be found here, and if you want to follow him on twitter, it's @Jabs_13.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- 2014 Hockey City Classic: Outdoor College Hockey Doubleheader Announced For Minneapolis
- WCHA Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- NCHC Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- Big 10 Hockey Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- Hockey East Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.