Allan McPherson scored his second goal of the night with just 37 seconds to play in regulation to lift Clarkson past Cornell. Ben Sexton also scored for the now 10-2-1 Golden Knights. Casey Jones' team is 4-1-0 in ECAC play after being picked to finish last by both the coaches and media in the preseason polls.
Brian Ferlin and John McCarron scored power play goals for the Big Red, but Mike Schafer's team could only muster 11 total shots on net.
Quinnipiac 3, Harvard 2
Clarkson wasn't the only team picking up its tenth victory of the season on Friday night. Quinnipiac edged Harvard, 3-2, to become the second team in the land to rack up double-digit wins. Jordan Samuels-Thomas' goal 4:20 into the third period was the difference for the Bobcats. Jimmy Vesey and Kyle Criscuolo scored for the Crimson.
Colgate 5, St. Lawrence 3
Tylor Spink potted two goals and his brother Tyson added three assists as Colgate won its third game in four outings. Greg Carey scored his seventh goal of the season for the Saints in the first period, but the Hamilton, Ontario native was held scoreless for the remainder of the contest.
Princeton 5, Dartmouth 4 (OT)
In a bizarre back-and-forth game Princeton picked up its first conference victory and kept Dartmouth winless on the season. The Big Green jumped out to a 3-0 lead on goals from Taylor Boldt, Brandon McNally and Tim O'Brien. Princeton then answered back with four consecutive goals to take a 4-3 lead early in the third period, but Dartmouth responded with a goal to send the game to overtime. Andrew Ammon scored his second of the night and fifth of the year with 11 seconds to play in the extra session to give Princeton its first win since opening night. Both Tigers' wins have come against Bob Gaudet's Big Green.
More from SBN College Hockey:
- Union Continues Dominance Over Capital District Rival RPI
- Hockey East to Address Mistake in UMass/BC Replay Controversy
- Gophers Hockey: Minnesota defeats Minnesota State 4-1 Friday
- Nebraska-Omaha Uses Third Period Comeback to Knock Off Michigan
- New Hampshire Stymies Potent Northeastern Offense In Hockey East Matchup
- Hockey East Friday Night Recap: Notre Dame Shuts Out Merrimack in Conference Home Opener
- Maine Dominates Boston University in Battle of First Year Head Coaches
- Miami Shuts Out Wisconsin 2-0
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.