Yesterday in our Minnesota high school Class AA preview, we talked about the emergence of Lakeville North as a contender for this year's state title. A big reason for that has been the play of three Poehling brothers. Twin brothers Jack and Nick Poehling are juniors, and lead the Panthers in scoring with 45 and 35 points respectively. Their younger brother Ryan is a freshman and is fourth on the team in scoring with 27 points on the year.
On Thursday, all three brothers announced via Twitter that they had committed to play hockey at St. Cloud State.
Honored to announce I've committed to St.Cloud to play college hockey! Thank you to everyone for all of the support! #Gohuskies— Jack poehling (@jackpoehling3) February 14, 2014
I'm proud to announce that I have committed to play college hockey at St. Cloud State University.Thanks everyone for the support! #gohuskies— NickPoehling (@npoehling) February 14, 2014
I'm proud to announce that I have committed to play my college hockey career at St. Cloud State University. #gohuskies— ryan poehling (@ryanpoehling) February 14, 2014
The Huskies are developing a nice pipeline with Lakeville North, which is the alma mater of back-up goalie Charlie Lindgren, as well as commit Blake Winiecki.
- Minnesota High School Hockey: Class AA Section Tourney Previews
- Anonymous Email Forces Girls' HS Team to Forfeit Section Championship Game
- On the Beanpot, North Star College Cup and stepping out of regional gridlock
- College Hockey Rankings: Consistency Is Key
- Minnesota High School Hockey: Class A Section Previews