Victoria Honda Midget defenseman Jake Gingell has verbally committed to Michigan Tech. The Gregory, Mich. native sent out a tweet on Wednesday to announce his intention of playing for Mel Pearson's Huskies in the WCHA.
Proud and honored to say I've committed to the University of Michigan Tech to play hockey, truly a dream come true #Huskies #D1— Jake Gingell (@Ging_BreadMan) September 5, 2013
Gingell is a smooth skating left defenseman who was drafted in the fifth round of this year's USHL Draft by the Omaha Lancers. The Sault Ste. Maria Greyhounds selected him in the 2013 OHL Draft, but most observers believe Gingell is committed to the NCAA route.
The 1997-born Gingell is expected to arrive in Houghton for the 2015-16 season. He will play this season with the Victoria Honda Midget Major squad before playing a year in the USHL.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Honeybaked Forward Michael Houle Selects Bowling Green
- WCHA Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- Big 10 Hockey Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- NCHC Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
- Hockey East Preview: Ranking the Offenses by Returning Players
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.