Indiana Ice rookie Scott Conway, a dual citizen of both Canada and Great Britain, has committed to Penn State. Conway's father, a Canadian, finished his professional hockey career in Great Britain, hence the dual citizenship. The left-shot forward has good offensive skills, but projects as a second or third liner at PSU.
The younger Conway, a 1995-born recruit, played last season in the NAHL with the Texas Tornado. He had played the three previous seasons with the Belle Tire and Victoria Honda midget organizations.
He is slated to join Guy Gadowsky's program next fall. The Nittany Lions played the program's first varsity season last year as a Division I Independent. This year PSU will play in the inaugural season of the Big 10 Hockey Conference.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Three More Commitments for Hockey East Programs
- The NCHC's Top 5 Hobey Baker Candidates
- Hockey East Preseason: Top 5 Hobey Baker Award Candidates
- Top 5 Candidates for Hobey Baker from the ECAC Hockey League
- Bentley's Brett Gensler Tops List of Atlantic Hockey Candidates for the Hobey Baker Award
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey; recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.