Salisbury Prep forward Derek Barach verbally commited to Mercyhurst and head hockey coach Rick Gotkin. The Glenmont, NY native played the 2011-12 season with Albany Academy before joining Andrew Will's program. The undersized, but speedy playmaker will play for the Crimson again this winter before playing a year of junior hockey. The 1995-born Barach, who also plays for the Neponset Valley River Rats in split-season midget hockey, will arrive at Mercyhurst for the 2015-16 season.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- ECAC Hockey: Rob Rassey Joins Harvard Staff As Assistant
- All-American Prospects Game Roster Announced
- Report: Buffalo Sabres Add Harvard Assistant Jerry Forton to Ron Rolston's Staff
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Draft Pick Jerad Rosburg Commits to Michigan State
- Goalie Jason Pawloski Commits to Minnesota State
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.