Youngstown Phantoms defenseman Tommy Parran has committed to Brown University. The Shaker Heights, Ohio native is in his second season playing for that USHL franchise following his time with the Cleveland Barons midget organization.
Parran, a five-foot-11-inch prospect, won't overly impress observers with his physicality, but he is a strong defender who is sound positionally and fundamentally. The '95 will arrive at Brown for the 2015-16 season to play for Brendan Whittet.
The Bears coaching staff, including Whittet and assistants Mark White and Mike Levine, have been hot on the recruiting front lately.
More from SBN College Hockey:
Follow @SBNCollegePuck Follow @SBNationNHL
- Is Union Defenseman and Philadelphia Flyers Prospect Shayne Gostisbehere the Best Player in the Country?
- Jr. Sabres Defenseman Nick DeSimone Commits to Union
- College Hockey Rankings: Minnesota Remains First; Michigan Falls
- Three Power Play Goals Lift Union Past RPI
- Somerby and MacAfee Make Instant Impact on Terriers' Blue Line
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.