Zack Pittman has committed to play college hockey for coach Dave Smith at Canisius College. The Macomb, Mich. native is in his second season with the Lincoln Stars in the USHL. Pittman is a big, shutdown defender who played midget hockey with Honeybaked and Belle Tire programs. The six-foot-two Pittman racked up 107 penalty minutes last season and was an impressive +24 in the plus/minus category.
Pittman will arrive at Canisius next fall. The Golden Griffins are 2-5-0 to begin the season, but are coming off a year in which the program advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history after winning the Atlantic Hockey Association Tournament.
More from SBN College Hockey:
- College Hockey Rankings: Minnesota Remains On Top
- Gaudreau, Boston College Too Much for Army
- Hockey East Recruiting: Merrimack Receives Verbal Commitments from Delia, Drevitch
- UMass Hockey in Trouble Without Injured Goaltender Steven Mastalerz
- Hockey East Three Stars of the Weekend
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.