The Big Ten has named Michigan State's Matt Berry, Ohio State's Christian Frey, and Michigan's Steve Racine as their "Three Stars of the Week" for their performances last weekend.
Here is the full release from the Big Ten:
Matt Berry, Michigan State
F – Sr. – Canton, Mich.
- Scored four goals and added two assists in a series split with Massachusetts, giving him eight goals in his last six games
- Recorded a pair of goals and an assist in Friday’s 5-3 victory
- Registered two more goals and another assist on Saturday
- Earns his second career Big Ten weekly award and first since March 18, 2014 (First Star)
- Last Michigan State honoree: Matt Berry (First Star) on March 18, 2014
Christian Frey, Ohio State
G – So. – Arlington, Texas
- Made a career-high 60 saves in a 2-1 loss at No. 11/11 Miami
- Notched 14 saves in the first period and 23 stops in both the second and third stanzas
- Recorded the most saves by a Buckeye since 2000 and was six shy of the school record set in 1964
- Earns his third career Big Ten weekly award and first since Feb. 4, 2014 (Third Star)
- Last Ohio State honoree: Tanner Fritz (Second Star) on Oct. 14, 2014
Steve Racine, Michigan
G – Jr. – Williamsville, N.Y.
- Stopped 31 of the 32 shots he faced (.969 save percentage) as Michigan claimed a win over New Hampshire
- Turned aside all 16 New Hampshire shots in the third period to preserve a 2-1 lead
- Earned his 20th career victory, improving to 20-10-4
- Claims his first career Big Ten weekly award
- Last Michigan honoree: Andrew Copp (Second Star) on March 18, 2014