Joe Doyle has been hired by Air Force to replace the departed Mike Corbett who left to become the head coach at Alabama-Huntsville. Doyle is a former player and coach at Air Force. He joins the staff of head coach Frank Serratore and assistant Andy Berg.
Doyle played at AFA from 1985-1989 where he had an exceptional senior season scoring 24 goals and 24 assists. He was named the team's most valuable player in both his junior and senior season.
Originally from the Boston area, he played at BC High before heading to Air Force. He spent two separate stints as an assistant at Air Force, from 1994-1998 and then again from 2002-2006. Doyle's most recent position was as a regional coordinator for USA Hockey.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Notre Dame Hockey Captain Jeff Costello To Throw Out First Pitch at Fenway Park Friday Night
- WCHA online streaming deal with Fox Sports Go delayed
- AHA Hockey: Robert Morris Promotes Workman and Nicholson to Associate Coaches
- Defenseman Ted Rotenberger Commits to Hometown Alabama-Huntsville
- Clayton Keller Commits to Boston University
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.