Watertown, Mass. -- Alex Grieve recorded a hat trick and Brett Gensler added three assists to set the school record for most points in a career at the Division I level as Bentley downed visiting Robert Morris, 4-1, at the John A. Ryan Rink.
Freshman Max French gave the Falcons a 1-0 lead after one period on a goal at the 7:25 mark. Justin Breton and Matt Maher assisted on the score.
Grieve added two power play goals in the second period to give Bentley a commanding 3-0 lead after 40 minutes. Gensler assisted on both goals, the second of which gave him 127 points for his career. That was the magic number to give the St. Charles, Mo. native the all-time lead in Division I program history.
Grieve and Gensler connected again at the 8:33 mark of the third period to give Bentley a 4-0 lead.
RMU's Colin South scored an unassisted goal with just 16 seconds left in the game to break the shutout bid of Bentley senior goaltender Branden Komm, who made 30 saves on the night.
The Falcons (6-7-1) are now 4-0-1 in their last five games. The same two teams will meet again Saturday night at 7:05 p.m.
- Maine Hockey Recruit Joe Widmar to Bring Strong Offensive Play to Black Bears
- Big Ten Hockey: Minnesota vs. Michigan State series preview
- ECAC Hockey: Quinnipiac Faces Tough Test With Road Trip to RPI, Union
- Rivals Clarkson and St. Lawrence Prepare for Big Weekend Series in ECAC
- Hockey East: Northeastern Hosts Providence, Boston College Looks to Bounce Back Against UNH
- Northern Michigan's CJ Ludwig Out for Season
- UNH Women's Hockey Coach Brian McCloskey Fired
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.