BOSTON -- The 62nd annual Beanpot Tournament starts Monday, and as always there is quite a hubbub surrounding the event. Northeastern and Harvard meet in the first semifinal at 5 p.m. to be followed by Boston University and Boston College clashing in the second game of the night at the TD Garden.
No team outside of Boston University and Boston College has won a Beanpot title since 1993 when Harvard did so last. Northeastern's last Beanpot championship came in 1988.
All Beanpot games outside of the Consolation Game will be televised on New England Sports Network (NESN).
|When:||Monday, Feb 3 and Monday, Feb. 10|
|Times:||Monday, Feb 3, 5 p.m. Harvard vs. Northeastern|
|Monday, Feb. 3, 8 p.m. Boston College vs. Boston University|
|Monday, Feb 10, 4:30 p.m. Consolation Game|
|Monday, Feb. 10, 7:30 p.m. Championship Game|
|Where:||TD Garden, Boston, Mass.|
|TV Info:||New England Sports Network (NESN)|
|DISH Network: 434 (SD) 5434 (HD)|
|Check NESN.com for full channel listings|
|2013 Champion:||Boston College|
|2013 MVP:||Kevin Roy (Northeastern)|
- Beanpot Preview: By the Numbers
- Beanpot 2014: Harvard, Northeastern meet for chance to end years of misery
- Beanpot Preview: Heavy favorite Boston College faces archrival Boston University in second semifinal
- Beanpot alums in the NHL: Boston College leads the way with 23
- Beanpot preview: Players turned coaches provide a look into tournaments past
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting and NHL Draft prospects for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.