Burlington, Vt. -- Boston College clinched the Hockey East regular season championship on Saturday after finishing off the weekend sweep of the University of Vermont. It is the seventh regular season title for Boston College since Jerry York returned to his alma mater in 1994.
Hobey Baker Award favorite Johnny Gaudreau extended his point streak to 26 games with a power play tally and an assist.
Chris Calnan, Bill Arnold, Kevin Hayes and Scott Savage also potted goals for the Eagles. Freshman Thatcher Demko made 35 saves on 38 shots for Boston College.
Nick Bruneteau, Colin Markison and Chris McCarthy scored for Vermont, a team that out shot the Eagles both nights on the weekend.
- Boston University-New Hampshire game honoring Jack Parker postponed to Monday due to weather
- ECAC Hockey Friday night recap: Union, Quinnipiac continue to push away from pack
- Hockey East Friday Recap: UMass Lowell wins on buzzer beater, BC and Maine also pick up wins
- On the Beanpot, North Star College Cup and stepping out of regional gridlock
- College Hockey Rankings: Consistency Is Key