Former Maine forward John Parker has transferred to Bemidji State in the WCHA. The Green Brook, NJ native will be eligible to play after the conclusion of the first semester. Parker tallied three goals and four assists as a freshman before problems arose.
Parker was injured prior to the start of the 2012-13 season in a freak off-ice accident before eventually being kicked off the team by then head coach Tim Whitehead after a series of alcohol related incidents.
Parker played for the Jersey Hitmen in the EJHL after his dismissal. Parker has potential to chip in offensively from the second or third line.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Former Providence Backup Goaltender Dylan Wells Transfers to Southern Maine
- 2014 Citi Frozen Fenway: Locals Excited For Opportunity To Play at Fenway Park
- Notre Dame welcomed to Hockey East and Frozen Fenway
- Joe Doyle Replaces Mike Corbett as Assistant Coach at Air Force
- Princeton Assistant Coach Tim Marks Departs for Binghamton Senators
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.