Grand Forks, ND -- St. Lawrence senior and Hobey Baker Award candidate Greg Carey had a goal and three assists as his team defeated North Dakota, 5-2, on Friday night at Ralph Engelstad Arena. His younger brother Matt also had a goal and an assist for Greg Carvel's Saints.
Jeremy Wick had two goals and an assist and Justin Baker added a goal and an assist for St. Lawrence (8-5-2). The win was a nice bounce back for the Saints who were upset by RIT last Saturday evening. SLU senior goaltender Matt Weninger made 21 saves for the victory.
Connor Gaarder and Keaton Thompson were the goal scorers for Dave Hakstol's team. UND (4-7-2) is winless in its last four outings and 2-6-1 over its last nine contests. Clarke Saunders allowed four goals on 24 shots. The last Saints goal was an empty-netter.
The two teams will meet again on Saturday night in the series finale.
- Michigan 4 Ohio State 3 (OT): Friday Night's Final Scoring and Notes
- Big Ten Hockey: Minnesota defeats Wisconsin 4-1 for first-ever B1G win
- Holy Cross Upsets Boston College
- Cornell goalie Mitch Gillam scores an empty-netter
- UNH Hockey: Wildcats Fall for Second Consecutive Game, Losing 6-3 to Harvard