Saulte Ste. Marie, Mich. -- Five different goal scorers helped Ferris State jump out to a 5-0 lead over Lake Superior at Taffy Abel Arena on Friday night. The red-hot Bulldogs held on for a 5-3 win in front of 1,736 fans. Cory Kane led the way with a goal and an assist while Gerald Mayhew, Garrett Thompson, Justin DeMartino and Matt Robertson all added a goal each. Bulldogs goaltender C.J. Motte made 39 saves on 42 shots faced.
Ferris State (12-2-2) is now unbeaten in 12 straight games. Bob Daniels' team is 10-0-2 over that stretch.
Colin Campbell, Kevin Czuczman and Eric Drapluk were the goal scorers for the Lakers. Goaltender Kevin Kapalka made 13 saves while allowing four goals. Backup Kevin Murdock stopped nine of the 10 shots he faced.
- College Hockey Scores: Friday Night Recaps
- ECAC Hockey: Third Period Surge Carries Clarkson Past St. Lawrence
- Notre Dame Defeats Massachusetts, 5-3
- College Hockey: Boston College offense too much for Wildcats
- Big Ten Hockey: Michigan State beats Minnesota 3-2 in shootout
- Merrimack Wins First Hockey East Game of Season Over Boston University, 3-2
- Brett Gensler Sets Bentley Record in 4-1 Win Over RMU
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.