Windham, New Hampshire prospects Connor and Danny Moynihan have signed with the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL. The move north of the border to play major junior eliminates any possibility of the brothers playing college hockey.
Danny is a '95 while younger brother Connor is a '97. Most observers believe Connor is the better prospect of the two. The younger Moynihan stands tall at six-feet-three and put up nearly a point per game in the EJHL last season as a 15 year-old. Connor was drafted in the fifth round of this year's QMJHL Draft. The Des Moines Buccaneers owned his USHL rights.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- College Hockey Recruiting: Goaltender Drew Vogler Commits to Merrimack
- Wisconsin Recruit Christian Dvorak to Sign with London of OHL
- Former Denver Recruit Ray Pigozzi Commits to UMass Hockey Program for This Fall
- Alabama-Huntsville Hockey Program Grabs Regan Soquila of the Merritt Centennials
- Ryan MacInnis signs with Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.