BOSTON -- Northeastern evened the score with a late goal in the second period to send the Beanpot final into the third period knotted at one goal apiece. Kevin Roy picked off a pass deep in the BC zone and cut towards the goal. His initial shot was saved, but the rebound squirted out and John Stevens backhanded it into the net.
The intensity and physicality picked up in the second period with each team delivering some big hits and having some quality scoring chances. The referees are doing a good job of letting the two teams play and not getting in the way of the outcome.
Northeastern's Clay Witt and Boston College's Thatcher Demko have traded some huge saves so far in the game. Shots on goal are relatively even with the Eagles leading 25-24 in the category.
- Beanpot 2014 finals update: Hayes puts Eagles ahead after the first
- Beanpot Consolation Game: Harvard 6, Boston University 2
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: BC, Northeastern line charts
- Beanpot final preview: Boston College and Northeastern by the numbers
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: Northeastern and BC both under different kinds of pressure
- Northeastern gives up 48 shots and falls to UMass 3-0 at home