BOSTON -- Harvard University won the consolation game of the 62nd annual Beanpot with a 6-2 victory over Boston University on Monday afternoon at the TD Garden.
Luke Esposito had two goals and an assist while Kyle Criscuolo had a goal and two assists in the winning effort for the Crimson. Steve Michalek becomes the first Harvard goaltender to win two Beanpot games in his career this century. The junior from Glastonbury, Conn. made 25 saves.
Harvard has won three of four games with its only setback coming in last week's Beanpot semifinal contest against Northeastern. Boston University's lackluster season continues with an uninspired effort in front of a sparse crowd.
|Per. 1 | 10:42||EV||BU 1-0||Evan Rodrigues||Robbie Baillargeon|
|Per. 2 | 1:14||EV||HU 1-1||Kyle Criscuolo||Luke Esposito|
|Per. 2 | 3:33||EV||HU 2-1||Brian Hart||Jimmy Vesey|
|Per. 2 | 6:59||EV||HU 3-1||Luke Esposito||Max Everson, Kyle Criscuolo|
|Per. 3 | 7:20||EV||BU 2-3||Ahti Oksanen||Evan Rodrigues, Danny O'Regan|
|Per. 3 | 7:57||EV||HU 4-2||Luke Esposito||Kyle Criscuolo, Max Everson|
|Per. 3 | 17:46||ENG||HU 5-2||Jimmy Vesey||Sean Malone|
|Per. 3 | 19:34||EV||HU 6-2||Tyler Moy||Victor Newell, Tommy O'Regan|
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: BC, Northeastern line charts
- Beanpot final preview: Boston College and Northeastern by the numbers
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: Northeastern and BC both under different kinds of pressure
- Northeastern gives up 48 shots and falls to UMass 3-0 at home
- Massachusetts High School Hockey: SBNation Power Rankings
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting and NHL Draft prospects. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.