Boston -- Hockey East and Fenway Sports Management announced that Saturday's doubleheader will be moved to an even earlier start time to avoid the possibility of rain in the forecast that evening.
The first game of the day, originally scheduled for 3 p.m., between Northeastern and UMass-Lowell will face-off at 12 noon. Puck drop for the second game between Maine and Boston University will be approximately 3 p.m.
There were considerable ice issues for last Saturday's Hockey East doubleheader at Fenway Park. The Notre Dame-Boston College game started about an hour late due to the ongoing ice repairs that had to be made during the first game between Providence and Merrimack.
Notre Dame head coach Jeff Jackson stated his displeasure with the influx of outdoor games following his team's 4-3 loss to Boston College.
- Commentary: The hockey world needs to listen to Notre Dame's Jeff Jackson on outdoor games
- Braden Pimm Leads Northeastern Past Providence - Analysis and Reaction
- College Hockey Rankings: Gophers Survive Tie; Bulldogs Stumble
- Hockey East Recruiting: Malcolm Hayes Commits to Maine
- 2014 NHL Draft: NTDP Report
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.