Boston -- UMass-Lowell sophomore goaltender Connor Hellebuyck was dressed and practicing with his teammates during the team's practice at Fenway Park on Friday morning. The Winnipeg Jets draft pick had missed the last three games following a minor injury he suffered in UMass-Lowell's game against Canisius at the Catamount Cup in Burlington, Vt.
Senior Doug Carr, a Hanover, Mass. native, has filled in admirably the last three games, as he has in multiple other occasions over his career. He was an All-Hockey East performer as a sophomore.
It is expected that Hellebuyck will start in goal when UMass-Lowell squares off with Northeastern on Saturday at 12 noon. The River Hawks (14-5-1) are 9-1-1 in their last 11 games.
Northeastern (12-6-3) bounced back from a disappointing showing in the Ledyard Bank Classic at Dartmouth College with a dramatic 2-1 overtime victory on Tuesday night at Providence. Senior Braden Pimm tied the score with 34 seconds to play and then won the game just 12 seconds into overtime.
Saturday's game at Fenway Park is part of a Hockey East doubleheader involving Boston University and Maine. The Terriers and Black Bears will face-off at approximately 3 p.m.
- Frozen Fenway game times moved again
- Braden Pimm leads Northeastern past Providence
- Seventh Grader Oliver Wahlstrom commits to Maine
- Boston College's new top line is the best in the nation
- Hockey East: Boston College, Providence meet in big Friday night clash
- BC High's Pat Kramer commits to Merrimack
- ECAC Hockey: Quinnipiac and Union battle for first place
- Hockey East Recruiting: Malcolm Hayes commits to Maine