Malden, Mass. -- Once again the first line shined bright for Malden Catholic as the Lancers won the second annual Christie Serino Christmas Classic. New Hampshire commit Ara Nazarian, UMass-Lowell recruit Tyler Sifferlen and Jake Witkowski scored three consecutive goals after defenseman John McLean scored the first goal of the game.
The tournament, the best in Massachusetts high school hockey, is named for the former Merrimack head coach and UNH assistant who tragically lost his battle with cancer. Serino re-established the Malden Catholic program to new heights as the Lancers have won three consecutive state titles.
Malden Catholic improves to 4-0 on the season and is off until facing St. John's Prep at Fenway Park on Dec. 31. Austin Prep (3-1-1) returns to action on New Year's Day with a clash against another top ten team, Central Catholic.
- Christie Serino Christmas Classic: Austin Prep, Malden Catholic Advance to Finals
- Malden Catholic, Austin Prep Highlight Field for Christie Serino Christmas Classic
- Boston University's Sam Kurker, Brendan Collier Added to USHL Rosters
- 2014 World Juniors: Americans Use Power Play to Roll Past Slovakia
- Catamount Cup Preview: Canisius and Clarkson vs. UMass-Lowell and Vermont
- USHL: Aidan Muir Scores A Beauty
- Jordan Greenway Commits to Boston University
- College Hockey Returns to Pittsburgh: Previewing the Three Rivers Classic
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.