Hedges tallies for Huskies: After Northeastern was able to gain a lot of zone time early on, Daken Hedges scored his eighth of the season. The freshman took over possession on the forecheck, before walking the puck into the circles and beating Raphael Girard high to the glove side to make it a 1-0 game.
Roy's return: Kevin Roy put his name on the map with a standout 2013 Beanpot performance. A year later, Roy picked up right where he left off, tallying in the first on a one-timer over the blocker of Girard for his team-leading 15th goal.
Tightly called: There were eight minor penalties and a five-minute major (and game misconduct) assessed in the first period, slowing down the game's pace, and also creating a lot of shorthanded opportunities. Northeastern was able to capitalize on an extended 5-on-3 power play to give the Huskies their second goal of the night.
Manson tossed: After leveling Alexander Kerfoot late in the first period, Northeastern captain Josh Manson was assessed a five minute major and game misconduct for contact to the head. The Huskies will be forced to play the final two periods without their captain and one of their top defenseman.
- Beanpot 2014: Boston College vs. Boston University - line charts and pregame notes
- College Hockey Rankings: Eagles Unseat Gophers
- Beanpot 2014: Harvard vs. Northeastern - line charts and pregame notes
- Bowling Green and Robert Morris to Play Outdoors in Toledo
- Beanpot alums in the NHL: Boston College leads the way with 23
Follow @ev_sporer for continuing live coverage of the 2014 Beanpot.