Ottawa Senators draft pick Tim Boyle has left the Union College hockey program, according to Ken Schott of the Schenectady Daily Gazette. The Hingham, Mass. native played for Nobles & Greenough in the New England Prep School Ice Hockey Association before heading to Union.
Boyle has been added to the roster and is expected to join the South Shore Kings in the USPHL Premier Division. He is the younger brother of New York Rangers star Brian Boyle who played college hockey at Boston College.
Boyle would be eligible to play at another school immediately next fall after he plays a year of junior hockey. The Ottawa Senators' fourth round pick in 2012 never panned out as hoped for Union coach Rick Bennett. Boyle only played in 15 games, adding just two assists.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- North Star College Cup chosen as the Minnesota Tournament name
- The WCHA's Top 5 Hobey Baker Candidates
- Penticton Vees Defenseman Anthony Conti Commits to Alaska-Anchorage
- Defenseman Jake Gingell Picks Michigan Tech
- 2014 Hockey City Classic: Minnesota women's head coach Brad Frost "Grateful for the opportunity"