Schenectady, NY -- Union College won its sixth straight game on Friday night, easily disposing of an injury-depleted Princeton squad, 3-0. Kevin Sullivan and Daniel Ciampini scored first period goals for the Dutchmen and Mat Bodie added an insurance marker in the final frame.
Bodie had an assist in addition to his goal to give him 100 career points at Union. The Dutchmen (9-3-2) outshot the Tigers 34-20. Union junior goaltender Colin Stevens recorded his second shutout of the season.
Rick Bennett's team is now just two points behind Quinnipiac in the standings with the Bobcats coming to town on Saturday evening. However, Union has played two less games than Quinnipiac, who rallied from a 2-0 deficit to tie RPI, 3-3 on Friday night.
- College Hockey Scores: Friday Night Recaps
- ECAC Hockey: Third Period Surge Carries Clarkson Past St. Lawrence
- College Hockey: Boston College offense too much for Wildcats
- Big Ten Hockey: Michigan State beats Minnesota 3-2 in shootout
- Notre Dame Defeats Massachusetts, 5-3
- Merrimack Wins First Hockey East Game of Season Over Boston University, 3-2
- Brett Gensler Sets Bentley Record in 4-1 Win Over RMU
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.