Holy Family Catholic(Minnesota) 1997-born forward Will Garin announced via Twitter on Wednesday evening that he has verbally committed to play his college hockey for the University of Connecticut:
I'm proud to announce my commitment to play hockey at The University of Connecticut! Thanks everyone who helped me along the way #Huskies— Will Garin (@WillGarin16) January 30, 2014
Garin, now in his sophomore season, has been a regular in the Holy Family line-up since he was an eighth grader. This season, Garin has posted a 12-14-26 scoring line through 12 games with the Fire. This past fall, he played in the Upper Midwest Elite League with Team Southwest, where he registered 5-4-9 in 18 league games. Garin was ranked third among sophomores in SBN College Hockey's most recent ranking of Minnesota high school players.
Garin is a fine pick-up for the UConn hockey program, and reflects the changing hockey culture at the school as they move to Hockey East next season, and works towards offering the maximum 18 full scholarships permitted by the NCAA.
- ECAC Hockey issues additional suspensions for Union & RPI head coaches
- Eye on the Future: Philadelphia Flyers Prospect Shayne Gostisbehere, Union College
- Big Ten 3 Stars: J.T. Compher's 5 points against Michigan State earns him First Star
- College Hockey: More good than bad in Union-RPI rivalry
- ECAC Hockey tacks on suspensions for Union-RPI incident