Cushing Academy sophomore forward David Cotton, the team's leading scorer, has committed to Boston College for the fall of 2016. A '97 from Parker, Tx., he previously played midget hockey for the Colorado Thunderbirds, a team coached by former Denver forward Angelo Ricci.
Cotton is a six-foot-three 16 year-old who plays a powerful, physical game, but also has the skill and hands to be a productive player at the collegiate level. He participated in this summer's USA Hockey Select 16 festival where he had two goals and four assists in five games.
Cotton is coached by former New Hampshire forward Rob Gagnon who played for the Wildcats from 1994-1998. Other Penguins players who are committed to Hockey East schools include Malcolm Hayes (Maine) and Richie Boyd (UNH).
- Blake Heinrich Signs with Portland of WHL
- 2014 NHL Draft: SBN College Hockey Mid-Term Rankings
- 2014 NHL Draft: Central Scouting Releases Mid-Term Rankings
- College Hockey Rankings: Falling Teams Give Way For Newcomers
- Frozen Fenway: Northeastern's Braden Pimm set out for memorable senior season
- Frozen Fenway: Playing outdoors came easy for Devin Shore
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.