Sioux City Musketeers defenseman Terrance Amorosa has committed to Providence College. The Holderness Prep alum played the past two seasons in the New England Prep School Ice Hockey Association (NEPSIHA). Amorosa, a native of Kirkland, Quebec, was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fifth round of the 2013 NHL Draft with the 132nd overall pick.
The left defenseman will play one season in the USHL with Sioux City before matriculating to Providence to play for head coach Nate Leaman. The Friars are a program on the rise - with improving talent and an upgraded facility that will be unveiled September 27. Schneider Arena, the home rink of the Providence College hockey program, has undergone vast improvements this offseason.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Mercyhurst Receives Verbal Commitment From Salisbury Forward Derek Barach
- ECAC Recruiting: Salisbury Forward Matt Muzyka Commits to Quinnipiac
- NTDP Goalie Luke Opilka Commits to Wisconsin
- BCHL Forward Mason Blacklock Picks Michigan Tech
- ECAC Hockey: Rob Rassey Joins Harvard Staff As Assistant
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.