Former Salisbury School goaltender Callum Booth has opted out of the college hockey route. The Montreal, Que. native was one of the hottest uncommitted goaltending recruits, but announced Sunday he'd be suiting up for the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Salisbury, coached by former Union defenseman Andrew Will, has continued the Quebec pipleline to the Connecticut prep school. A perennial prep school powerhouse, Salisbury will be without one of its key cogs when the season begins this winter.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Jack Roslovic Commits to Miami
- USA Hockey: Jon Gillies Backstops United States Past Canada in Final Game of NJEC
- USA Falls Short in Gold Medal Game to Canada at Ivan Hlinka Tournament
- Colgate hockey lands forward Sebastian Weberg from the Green Bay Gamblers
- Gunnery forward Joey Fallon commits to Princeton
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.