Louie Nanne has committed to playing college hockey at RPI for head coach Seth Appert. The former Edina High School star and grandson of the legendary Lou Nanne originally had pledged to play for Minnesota, but decommitted this past summer. Nanne, selected in the 2012 NHL Draft by the Minnesota Wild, will rejoin former high school teammate Parker Reno in Troy. Nanne's younger brother Tyler plays for Edina High School and is a favorite for the Minnesota Mr. Hockey Award.
Nanne, a '94 who played for the Penticton Vees in the BCHL last season, will arrive at RPI next fall. The Edina, Minn. native registered 19 goals and 22 assists in 45 games played last season in the BCHL. He has yet to play in a game this season due to an injury. He had a successful outing in the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Tournament tallying a goal and adding two assists in four games.
- Minnesota vs. Wisconsin Hockey: Game Time, TV Schedule, Radio & More
- Gophers Hockey: Minnesota signs five players during early signing period
- Gophers Hockey: Leon Bristedt commits to Minnesota
- Cornell goalie Mitch Gillam scores an empty-netter
- Big Ten Hockey: Ohio State vs. Michigan Preview
- Big Ten Three Stars: Michigan and Minnesota freshmen honored before conference play begins
- College Hockey Rankings: Minnesota Clings to the Top
- Calvin Spencer Signs with Seattle of WHL
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.