Minnetonka, Minn. native and Penticton Vees forward Max Coatta has committed to Minnesota State. The '94 played four years of high school hockey at Minnetonka before playing eight games with the Lincoln Stars in the USHL to conclude last season.
Coatta has seven goals and five assists in nine games this season so far for Penticton in the BCHL. He is expected to arrive in Mankato to play for MSU head coach Mike Hastings in the fall of 2015.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Penticton Vees Forward Max Coatta Commits to Minnesota State
- Niagara's Ryan Murphy Suspended Half of Season for DWI Arrest
- Government Shutdown Cancels Air Force Exhibition; Leaves Weekend Games in Jeopardy
- Hockey East: Six Observations from First Weekend of Exhibition Games
- Gophers Hockey: Minnesota defeats Lethbridge 5-1 in physical exhibition opener
Jeff Cox covers college and junior hockey, NCAA recruiting, NHL Draft prospects and the AHL for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.