The same day that USA Hockey unveiled its jerseys for the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, the University of Connecticut did the same. The Huskies are entering their final season of play in the Atlantic Hockey Association before entering play in Hockey East. UCONN will have an entirely new staff behind the bench this season after longtime coach Bruce Marshall left midseason and interim coach David Berard was not retained.
Connecticut named veteran Boston College associate head coach Mike Cavanaugh as its new bench boss. Cavanaugh brought in former UNH star and Brown assistant Mike Souza and former Boston University forward and Connecticut native Joe Pereira.
Click here for the new look to the UCONN hockey jerseys, as well as that of some of the other sports teams at Connecticut.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Mitch McLain Commits to Bowling Green
- Ryan Edquist Commits to Minnesota
- Kevin Conley Commits to Denver
- Mercyhurst Receives Verbal Commitment From Salisbury Forward Derek Barach
- Sioux City Musketeers Forward Terrance Amorosa Commits to Providence
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.