Juliano Pagliero has been hired to replace Jason Guerriero as an assistant coach for the Holy Cross hockey team. Pagliero, a former Niagara University goaltender and Utica College assistant coach joins Paul Pearl's staff at Holy Cross.
Pagliero, a native of Calgary, Alberta, played for Niagara from 2005-2009 before playing two seasons of professional hockey in Europe. He was an assistant coach at Division III Utica the past two seasons. Paul Pearl had to find a replacement for Guerriero, a former Northeastern forward, who left Holy Cross to take a similar position at Yale, the defending national champions.
Jason Smith, a Salem State graduate, is the other assistant coach under Pearl. The West Yarmouth, Mass. native played one season at UMass-Amherst before transferring to Salem State. He played three seasons for the Vikings under head coach Bill O'Neill, a former Boston University Terrier.
Both Smith and Pagliero were seen recruiting at the recently completed Beantown Summer Classic in Marlborough, Mass.
More from Western College Hockey Blog:
- Nebraska-Omaha's Matt White & Preston Hodge dismissed from Mavericks
- Atlantic Hockey: Five Biggest Offseason Stories
- Maine, UNH to Play Nonconference Home-and-Home Series Starting Next Season
- RPI Assistant Hockey Coach Nolan Graham Running for Defending the Blue Line Charity
- Report: 3 Nebraska-Omaha hockey players face misdemeanor disorderly conduct allegations
Jeff Cox is a hockey reporter for SBNation. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.