ECAC Hockey Standings
|Team (Overall Record)||GP||W-L-T||Points||Pairwise||Remaining|
|1||Union * ^ (22-6-4)||20||16-3-1||33||3||@ Yale, @ Brown|
|2||Colgate ^ (16-11-5)||20||12-5-3||27||13||Harvard, Dartmouth|
|3||Quinnipiac (21-8-5)||20||11-6-3||25||7||@ SLU, @ Clarkson|
|4||Cornell (14-7-5)||20||10-6-4||24||11||Dartmouth, Harvard|
|5||Yale (14-8-5)||20||9-7-4||22||18||Union, RPI|
|6||Clarkson (17-14-3)||20||10-9-1||21||24||Princeton, Quinnipiac|
|7||Rensselaer (13-13-6)||20||7-8-5||19||25||@ Brown, @ Yale|
|8||Brown (11-13-3)||20||8-11-1||17||32||RPI, Union|
|9||St. Lawrence (12-16-4)||20||6-10-4||16||31||Quinnipiac, Princeton|
|10||Dartmouth (7-16-4)||20||6-12-2||14||45||@ Cornell, @ Colgate|
|Harvard (9-14-4)||20||5-11-4||14||40||@ Colgate, @ Cornell|
|12||Princeton (5-22-0)||20||4-16-0||8||55||@ Clarkson, @ SLU|
* Clinched ECAC Hockey regular season championship
^ Clinched bye in first round of ECAC Hockey Tournament
What we know
- Union is locked into the top seed and Princeton will be the 12 seed when the tournament begins.
- Besides the Dutchmen, Colgate is the only other team to have clinched a bye in the first round.
- What would have been laughable a month ago now has a chance, albeit a slight one, of happening. If the Bobcats lose twice this weekend and Yale wins twice and Cornell takes two or more points, Rand Pecknold's team will not have a bye in the first round.
- Looking at the bottom of the standings, Princeton is the only team locked into position. The Tigers will be 12 seed and travel to the five seed for the first round.
- There are a few scenarios that have Clarkson moving up to the top four, but the more likely scenario is the Golden Knights hosting a first round playoff series. Casey Jones' team is guaranteed to finish no lower than eighth.
- Union is third in the Pairwise Rankings and looks to be a near lock for a top seed in one of the regionals when the NCAA Tournament is announced March 23, barring a complete meltdown.
- Quinnipiac is seventh in the Pairwise Rankings entering the final weekend of the regular season. The Bobcats are a near lock to make the NCAA Tournament.
- Cornell and Colgate would both make the NCAA Tournament if it started today, but each team's situation is more perilous than Union and QU.
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting and NHL Draft prospects. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.