Hockey East has issued supplemental discipline to University of Maine sophomore forward Ryan Lomberg. The league has suspended the Richmond Hill, Ontario native for one game for an elbowing incident in this past Saturday's game against Merrimack.
Lomberg will be forced to miss Maine's game Friday at Northeastern University. He will be eligible to return for the game on Saturday at Matthews Arena. Lomberg has 10 goals and five assists in 28 games played this season. He had not missed a game all season.
Maine faces Northeastern in a crucial Hockey East series with the two teams fighting for playoff positioning, including a bye in the first round and home ice in the quarterfinals.
- Matt Willows hat trick fuels New Hampshire to weekend sweep of Boston University
- Michigan Hockey: Michael Downing & Andrew Sinelli suspended 1 game by the Big Ten
- Bentley recovers from blown three-goal lead to win in overtime
- Maine hangs on, scores late to beat Merrimack
- Boston College clinches Hockey East regular season crown with win at Vermont
Jeff Cox covers college, junior and high school hockey, NCAA recruiting and NHL Draft prospects. Follow him on twitter @JeffCoxSBNation.