There are game-winners, and then there are highlight reel goals that even the likes of eight-time Beanpot championship head coach Jerry York immediately calls one of the best he's ever seen. With the score tied and under five minutes remaining between Boston College and Northeastern, Eagles captain Patrick Brown not only netted the game-winner, but did so in style. After getting sent down to the ice by Huskies forward John Stevens, Brown still managed to get a piece of Isaac MacLeod's point shot, and tip the buck between the legs of .
The Northeastern goalie was spectacular all night, and it was only fitting that the decisive goal would come on such an effort and skill play.
GIF via @PeteBlackburn
- Beanpot 2014 recap: Brown's late pair pushes BC past Northeastern for fifth straight title
- Beanpot score update: Late Northeastern goal off turnover evens score after two periods
- Beanpot 2014 finals update: Hayes puts Eagles ahead after the first
- Beanpot Consolation Game: Harvard 6, Boston University 2
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: BC, Northeastern line charts