BOSTON -- The 62nd annual Beanpot concludes Monday night with a clash between No. 1 Boston College and No. 12 Northeastern in the championship game at 7:30 p.m. ET on New England Sports Network (NESN).
Jerry York's Eagles will be gunning for a fifth consecutive championship while Northeastern looks to snap a drought that dates all the way back to 1988 when current head coach Jim Madigan was an assistant.
Boston College swept Northeastern in a home-and-home league series back in November, winning 4-2 on home ice before coming from behind for a 4-3 overtime triumph at Matthews Arena a night later.
Northeastern stumbled in its game between Beanpot rounds, losing at home to UMass, 3-0. Boston College had no such problem, throttling Merrimack, 6-1.
Evan Sporer broke down the matchup in terms of the pressures each team is facing, but here's a look at the statistical breakdown and the matchup in terms of the numbers:
|2013-14 Record||16-9-3, 8-6-1 HE||21-4-3, 13-1-1 HE|
|Scoring Offense *||3.25 (T-12th)||4.39 (1st)|
|Scoring Defense *||2.50 (19th)||2.14 (4th)|
|Power Play Pct. *||18.1 (33rd)||22.2 (8th)|
|Penalty Kill Pct. *||82.8 (25th)||91.4 (1st)|
|Top Scorer||Kevin Roy (33)||Johnny Gaudreau (56)|
|Leading Goal Scorer||Braden Pimm (16)||Johnny Gaudreau (24)|
|Assists Leader||Mike Szmatula (20)||Johnny Gaudreau (32)|
|+/- Leader||Josh Manson (+11)||Johnny Gaudreau (+36)|
|Starting Goaltender||Clay Witt (14-7-2, .946 sv. pct)||Thatcher Demko (10-1-2, .932 sv pct.)|
|NHL Draft Picks||4||10|
* National rankings in parentheses for four team statistics
- Beanpot 2014 finals preview: Northeastern and BC both under different kinds of pressure
- Big Ten Hockey: Penn State shuts out Michigan 4-0 for first Big Ten conference win
- Northeastern gives up 48 shots and falls to UMass 3-0 at home
- St. Lawrence Women Get Social with 'Twitter Game'
- Massachusetts High School Hockey: SBNation Power Rankings